The purpose of this church is to glorify God in the salvation and education of souls, through the teaching of God's word, to proclaim throughout the world God's saving grace expressed in the shed blood and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ on Calvary, to edify Christians, to promote godly worship, to defend the faith once delivered, and to cooperate with Christian activity functioning in harmony with God's holy word, the Bible, until he comes again.
The Doctrinal Statement
1. We believe that the Bible in the original tongues is the plenary verbal inspired word of God and that it is of supreme and final authority in faith and practice. II Tim. 3:14-17.
2. We believe in one God omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, immutable, eternally existing in three distinct persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Matt. 28:19.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary and is true God and true man. Matt. 1:18; John 1:1; Heb.4:15.
4. We believe man was created perfect and in the image of God by a special act of God wholly apart from any process of evolution; however, through the sin of Adam, man became totally depraved, in need of a Savior. Rom. ; -14;' Gen. 1:26.
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the scriptures, the only name given by God, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice and that all who believe and receive Jesus are justified by faith in his blood. I Cor. 15:3; Acts4:12; John 1:12.
6. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in his Ascension into Heaven and in his present life there for us, as High Priest and advocate, his imminent return and the pre-tribulation rapture of the church. Acts 1:9-11; I John 1:9; Heb.4:14; Eph. 1:20; I Thess. 4:14-17; 5:9; Luke 24:39.
7. We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and are baptized by him into the body of Christ, and thereby become children of God, that they are indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit and are so secured unto the day of redemption. We believe in the priesthood of all believers, and further it is the command of God's word that each believer be filled with the Holy Spirit. John ; ; Eph. 1:13; I Pet. 2:9; Eph. 5:18.
8. We believe that the was begun at Pentecost, is composed solely of believers, is the body and bride of our Lord Jesus Christ, is distinct from , and that its business is to complete itself through the winning of lost souls to Christ. Acts 2:1; I Cor. 12:12-14, 27; Eph. 5:23; John 1:17; Heb.9:15; Acts 1:8.
9. The ordinance of scriptural baptism is the immersion of the believer in water as a testimony of salvation, but that baptism in no wise affects the soul of the believer. It is required of believers as an act of obedience to the scriptures, the command of the Lord Jesus Christ and a public testimony of saving faith. Matt. 28:19; Matt. 3:14, 15.
10. The ordinance of communion as instituted by the Lord Jesus Christ is to be observed by believers in this age as a memorial for Christ's death and a looking forward to his promised return. I Cor. 11:23-26; Luke 22:19,20.
11. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just at the coming of Christ in the air, the bodily resurrection of the unjust at the end of the thousand year reign of Christ, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost. Rev. 20:4-6, 11-15; I Thess. 4:16, 17; I Cor. 15:51-54.
12. We believe that Satan, a fallen angel, is the author of the Fall, the adversary of Christ and his church, and that his destiny is eternal conscious punishment in the lake of fire. Gen. 3:1-19; I Pet. 5:8; Rev. 20:10.
13. We believe that the church universal is manifest through the local assembly, which is a congregation of believers, associated by the covenant of faith and the fellowship of the gospel, observing the ordinances of Christ, governed by his teachings, exercising the gifts, and rights and privileges invested in it by his word, that it has the absolute right of self government directed by the Holy Spirit, that it is answerable only to Christ, and that the will of the local church is final as it is governed by the scriptures. Eph. 1:11; Acts 2:38; I Cor. 11:23-33; Isa. 8:20; Eph. 4:11, 12; ICor.2:12, 13.
14. We believe that the scriptures clearly teach non-conformation to the world for every believer, that it is incumbent upon believers to live lives of separation from all worldly and sinful practices, that violations of this teaching involves the loss of joy, of peace, and that non-conformity can be maintained only by constant abiding in Christ in a life of private and public Bible study, meditation, prayer and worship, that the world will not learn of the love wherewith Christ has loved us unless believers are willing to be exhibitors of that love. 12:1, 2; II, Cor. 6:14-18; II Tim. 3:15; I Pet. 3:15; Psm.119:11.
15. As a new testament church we cannot join anything outside of ourselves, but only affiliate therewith on grounds of fellowship. This church, as it desires, will fellowship with other churches of like faith and practice. This church will not aid or abet apostasy in any or all of its forms. Neither shall we cooperate with churches or groups that aid or fellowship with the National council of churches or the charismatic movement. II John 7,9-11; II Cor 11:4.
16. We believe in the separation of the church and state or federal government or the ruling parties of the land with no support of one to the other. Rom. 13:7; Luke 20:25.